We are thrilled to be hosting this ongoing interview series with Gary Katz, and hope you enjoy these videos as much as we do.
In this installment, Gary discusses:
- his history with tools, which started with hand-me-downs from his father's business
- the motto "if you can't buy the best, don't buy anything," and why it matters
- the importance of tools that offer durability and precision
- getting a worthwhile return on your investment in tools
- why buying inexpensive tools is throwing your money away
Dunn Lumber is proud to have hosted Gary’s first Katz Roadshow back in 2003, which are still going strong today—and continue to feature Gary's carpentry clinics. Gary is an accomplished professional, and has devoted the better part of the past three decades to educating the construction industry. Whether through his publication THISisCarpentry, one of his articles in Fine Homebuilding, or a presentation at a JLC LIVE show, Gary always delivers enthusiastic and experienced insight to our industry.
Stay tuned for more over the next several months, as we continue our interviews with Gary.